It’s Friday

For most people, Friday is a happy day. The work week is ending and they get to relax, enjoy free time, maybe even sleep late. For me, Friday means that I have two (sometimes three) days without the glorious little yellow school bus.

This Friday began at 2:00AM. I heard the tale-tell SLAM! of the bedroom door opening down the hall, followed by the BAM BAM BAM of Ben’s pounding footsteps as he and Zeus The Big Dumb Dog ran down the hall to my bedroom, ending with earthquake shuddering of my bed as they both jumped up. Sigh…

I didn’t go to sleep until around 11:00PM last night because older daughter requested a ride to work. She works the overnight shift and usually walks the mile to work but it had been raining here and there all day and she didn’t want to walk in the rain. So, anyway, I had only been asleep maybe three hours when I got bounced. Luckily, King Ben was content with his tablet and only woke me from my doze every 45 minutes or so.

“Grandma, open my juice”

Open my juice please(even when I’m cross-eyed manners are important)

“Open my juice please”

So it went until 6:30AM when it was time to give him his meds and start getting him ready for school. I love that glorious little yellow school bus!

Today is day three in a row that I made it to WordPress. I’m going to try for four, five, six… but since older daughter works tonight and Saturday night, so she’ll be sleeping until 1:00PM or 1:30PM both Saturday and Sunday mornings/afternoons, I’ll be on solo King Ben duty and may not have the brain power (or battery power if he takes my phone) to check in with my fabulous WP Dudes until Monday.

If I don’t make it until Monday, let me wish all the moms a Happy Mother’s Day on Sunday! Whether you have human, fur, feather or any other kind of babies, you are their mama and you deserve recognition for the love and care you give them!

Okay, random wandering post over.😘💌

15 thoughts on “It’s Friday

  1. Not that I like waking up at 2 AM, but if I do, I love the device. I’m sorry – sounds like you have a long weekend ahead! Hope it goes well enough and you have a Happy Mother’s Day too!

    Liked by 1 person

    1. It was a verrrry long weekend! He followed me around all day, both days. But the glorious little yellow school bus came and saved my sanity💃
      I hope your crew gave you some rest and appreciation yesterday!💐💌

      Liked by 1 person

    1. I’m so so tired of him getting up in the wee hours. He does it 3-4 nights a week. We talked to his med doctor but it’s NOT affecting his behavior either way. He could have a bad day after a full night of sleep or a fantastic day after he gets up at 1:00AM, so basically I just need to suck it up😩
      I’m just so happy today is Monday and the blessed glorious little yellow school bus came💃🙌
      I hope you had a wonderful Mother’s Day!💐💌💌

      Like

      1. I wish you could make him stay in his room as a consequence to getting up in the middle of the night. Put a lock on the door, or a gate. He is getting rewarded by you letting him play on the ipad, so why would he sleep? Just my thoughts. Sleep is like gold to me. I can’t function with out it

        Liked by 1 person

        1. 75% of the time he’s awake but generally calm. The tablet keeps him occupied enough that he doesn’t start getting into noisier, more active play. The other 25% he is just AWAKE and his ADHD is in overdrive. He’s never needed a lot of sleep. 8 hours is the max for him. Even when he was little, he never napped. It totally sucks for me but it’s not affecting him at all. Since his mama started the overnight shift, he’s asleep by 7:30pm, usually earlier, so she can get a couple more hours rest before work. We’re working on pushing his bedtime later cuz I just can’t keep doing this. I never volunteered to sleep only 3-4 hours a night. She’s gonna have to give up that evening nap.
          He was up at 3:30, but that’s 8 hours for him😕 His med doc did give us the okay for a half dose of one med if he wakes up too early and too energetic.
          Ah…still parenting in my 50s….it wasn’t part of the plan, but it is what it is.😘💌

          Liked by 1 person

          1. Well, your daughter is lucky to have you to help her with Ben. I’ve been wanting grandkids for some time. But hoping they live somewhere else and I can borrow them from time to time. I’m sure he loves you and that’s all that matters.
            Hugs

            Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.