Part 20 ~ The Adventures of King Ben & Zeus the Big Dumb Dog

If you missed the start of this series, you can find it here. A lot of things will be the same or very similar.

4:30AM Bounce and arm across the face again. I reminded him again to use his words, ask for what he wants, quit snatching.

Daughter got up at 5:00AM! Whoa! On her way back to her room from the bathroom she stopped by my room, said “Come on, Ben.”, and he actually went. Zeus took the opportunity to take over the spot where Ben had been laying, warm and next to me.

It wasn’t long before Ben was back, commanding me “Gramma come living room!” I just said okay. I wasn’t moving. Daughter could do early morning Spazatron Living Room Duty. She did get up and go to the living room. I thanked her as she walked by. (Yes. I thanked her for taking care of her own son. People like to feel appreciated and acknowledged. It cost me nothing.)

I tried to stay awake because I knew it was pointless to sleep, but I failed. Ben corrected that with “I need tape!” right in my ear. So, I taped. It was done more by touch, than sight because my eyes wouldn’t focus. Spazatron mode does NOT understand the concept of waiting. He left with his latest castle or whatever, grunting Let’s Go Fly A Kite. He made a few return trips at irregular intervals, just to make sure I was going to stay awake, and ready to jump at his commands. He’s a tough ruler, but he has his sweet, cute moments. Plus, I’m honestly too tired to revolt.

Once I was up, out of bed and getting coffee, he knew he could relax. He sat on the couch with his tablet, my tablet (why both?) and munched something.

It was another calm(ish) morning after the initial Make Sure Gramma Is Awake song and dance. Ben played, Daughter watched her tablet, I went through my email and WP reader.

We had a minor hiccup around 10:00AM. Ben was with Daughter when something on her tablet caught his interest. I didn’t see anything that happened again, but I heard. It was devolving into a real head-butting test of wills. (sometimes I want to shake them both) Ben eventually ran into my room, and I got him defused. After he was calmed down, we laid together, him with his tablet & earbuds, me with my phone, until the morning became the afternoon. It was calm and it was quiet… very nice!

Sven looks a little mopey today. I put extra blueberries in with his greens and moved the heat coil closer to him… hopefully that will cheer him up.


Since Ben was hanging out with me, Daughter decided to abandon the living room and go back to her room and “charge my phone”. Yeah, okay, sure…whatever.

Ben and I chilled in my room. He had me open the occasional juice, he played around and bounced the bed until I made him stop, he ran out to get popcorn and Ritz crackers, and he watched his tablet.

When the 2:30PM med alarm went off, I got his meds and went to check on Daughter. She was asleep, just as I  thought she’d be. Lucky her! It didn’t last much longer. I guess giving Ben his meds triggered something and he decided to go Bounce his Mama around 3:00PM.

Cool. It gave me time to find a picture I wanted to put up in response to a post from that awesome Dude, aka A Guy Called Bloke, aka Rory, aka JB.


Why this picture? Check out Rory’s post to find out.

It was awfully quiet in Daughter’s room and I was starting to wonder if all was well. Around 4:30PM Ben ran past my room yelling “Gramma come living room!” Well, alrighty then.

I had just gotten settled when Daughter came out and asked me what I was doing. I told her I was doing what I was told to do. Duh! She informed me that I should never do what I’m told to do. (This has ALWAYS been her philosophy.) I went back to my room.

Dinner time approaches and I think I’m going to end today’s episode early. If something interesting happens, I’ll tell ya about it tomorrow.

Here’s a funny song parody, just for fun.

Sending virtual hugs! Come on by Casa Cuckoo tomorrow…

33 thoughts on “Part 20 ~ The Adventures of King Ben & Zeus the Big Dumb Dog

  1. Heya, I have to say, your adventures with ben are awesome, i am loving reading about them. I am glad the day waas uneventful for the most part. I hope dinner is good. Sending a virtual hug back to you. ❤

    Liked by 1 person

    1. Flattery will make you my best friend😘😂
      I was 40 when Ben was born. For the longest time I couldn’t say “grandson”, I called him “my daughter’s son”🤣🤣
      I love my onesie jammies! (except when I gotta go🚽🥶)

      Liked by 1 person

  2. Ha ha excellent just the right touch for you give me fever … did it take much motivation to get Sven to pose for it?

    Ha ha lol, sorry the caped crusader awesome – nicely done 🙂

    Liked by 1 person

    1. At 4:28 all is quiet. I’ve been awake about an hour in expectation🤷🏼‍♀️ I’ll probably get sleepy again just before I get Bounced.🤪🤷🏼‍♀️
      I think the canned crickets gave Sven a tummy ache☹ Hopefully the extra blueberries will help…full report later😉💌💌

      Liked by 1 person

  3. I think my mom was 43 when my son was born. She wanted Curtis to call her “Auntie” because she wasn’t ready to be a grandma. Well, she never helped me much.It’s a long story, but when my first husband left me when I was 7 1/2 months pregnant, I had to move home. My mother charged me rent $300.00 a month. She took that money out of money that she owed me because i loaned her $900 to buy a car. She was having a hard time paying the bills since my dad had left and didn’t pay child support.I was a saver and worked a lot in high school babysitting and working as a hostess and waitress at a steak house.

    She made us move out of her house when Curtis was 3 months old. We weren’t getting along at all because I blamed her for the end of my marriage. She told my husband one night “either take care of her, or leave her here and never see her again.” That night he left me.

    So we moved out, I became a nanny, and went back to school when Curtis was a year old. I also worked part time at Longs Drugs where I met my husband.

    At this point, I’m grateful for my mom and what she did for me. She made me who I am today. I could still be living under her roof as a single parent. This all happened 35 years ago. Everyone did what they had to do to keep sane.
    So take care over there. Thinking of you Angie.

    Liked by 1 person

    1. It’s our struggles and obstacles overcome that make us stronger. I’ve never had an easy life, but I’ve got strength and belief in my ability and LOTS of stories😉💃🏼
      Hope you’re all doing well🥰🤗💌

      Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.