Part πŸŽ‰100πŸŽ‰ ~ The Adventures of King Ben & Zeus the Big Dumb Dog

If you missed the start of this series, you can find it here. A lot of things will be the same or very similar.

Last night’s Drop Off went pretty well. Mr Incredible accompanied me instead of Ben, but that was a minor thing. By the time I pulled into the driveway, the night meds were doing their thing and Ben was ready for bedtime. I made that happen as quickly as possible. Then I ate the rest of my pulled pork sammich and waited for sunset. No clouds, I wasn’t expecting a grand show.

Then it was just enjoying the quiet and getting ready for bed. I took my pill at 10pm hoping to be out by 11pm. I saw 11:09 but don’t recall any time after that so I didn’t make my goal, but close enough.

No Bounce this morning. At 2:30 I heard “Gramma! I need help! Gramma come living room.” Wha tha… I got up and found Ben putting the costume back on. JIMINEY CRICKET ON A MOTORSCOOTER!! Seriously?! At 2:30am?! He needed help putting the belt on and doing the velcro closes in the back. Welcome to Casa Cuckoo!

I Huffed and Puffed for ten minutes or so while I was moving Ben’s things, my things and my self to the living room. I was tired and I was cranky! Ben, sorry… Mr Incredible just ignored me and watched his tablet. We settled on the couch. I texted Daughter to let her know we were awake. She forgot to take her Monster Energy Drink with her so she was dragging.

For the next couple hours Ben watched his tablet, occasionally getting up to admire himself in the mirror or the fridge door, and I stayed awake by working on the Mixtape post. And coffee, I drank three cups of coffee.

Around 6:00 Daughter texted and asked how we were doing. I told her it was going okay, he had started doing the chalk thang a little while before and that since he was pretty chill, I was planning on waiting until 7:00 to give him his meds. I didn’t want him to get sleepy before we had to come pick her up. She told me to do whatever I thought was best.

At 6:30 I uncovered Sven and turned his lights on. He was awake but hadn’t moved all night. I got him some fresh food and even added a grasshopper since today was a celebration day (also to tempt him… I worry every time he does the Brumation thing). His eyes followed but his body didnt move.

At 7:00 I gave Mr Incredible the meds and told him that he had about ten more minutes before he needed to go potty and get his shoes on so we could go get his Mama. Skipping the play by play, he was READY at 7:10. I told him it wasn’t time yet but he just stood in front of the door, telling me he was ready. We left early and I drove very slow.

We arrived as Daughter was walking out of the building. She got in the car and we headed home, with a quick stop at 7-11 to get Hershey bars for Ben. The corner market only has the King Size and Ben doesn’t like those. It must be the regular size Hershey bar.

When we parked the car we could see Zeus in the front window of the house, barking like crazy. We almost couldn’t get in the door, Zeus was wiggling, whining, barking, running between us… I guess he was happy that we were back after THIRTY WHOLE MINUTES.

He nearly toppled Big Ben again and I did NOT want to do Arts and Crafts Time. I sat in a chair, told him to SIT! It took five or six times for him to do it, then I greeted him and gave him pets and scratches.

He saw Daughter and started wiggling again. She just looked at him, waiting for him to sit. We worked with him every day after she got off work at the previous place. He knows to sit and wait and he’ll get his greeting. He may be a Big Dumb Dog but he’s also a smart dog, he knows what he’s supposed to do. He got no greeting from Daughter.

Ben had run off to Daughter’s room. I went to see what he was doing. He was trying to turn on Daughter’s laptop. I told her, she said she didn’t care. I was hoping he’d want to hang out in her room, have a little nap. I went to grab his tablet and water bottle and he decided he’d rather be in the living room. Dang!

He did eventually fall asleep but not until 9:15. I set a different alarm for 11:00, pushing his 10:30 med back a half hour. I dozed on my bed until 11:00 then went to wake him up for meds. He woke up (ish), sat up and took the pill, then flopped back down and went back to sleep. Okay… I went back to my room after switching the window AC on. The Guessers guessed it would be in the low-mid 80s (28-30c) and I didn’t want the living room to get too warm since Mr Incredible was with us and his costume is kinda warm.

At 12:45 I heard “Gramma?” from the living room. He was awake. I told him I was coming, gathered my things and went to the couch. We hung out until around 2:00 when Daughter got up. After using the bathroom she got her stuff and came to take over. I gave my report and went back to my room. I actually started to doze again. Then all Hell broke loose.

Around 3:15 Ben got up and started beating up boxes. Daughter got increasingly upset. Then he went after the box blocking the window over the AC unit. She started using all three of his names. She got angrier and angrier… I’m sure she felt that he was purposely defying her. He wound up going outside and tipping the wood at the gate. A definite act of defiance. She had slammed the side door closed behind him, then gone off to her room and closed herself in.

I stayed in my room. This was an argument, I would be in the way. After she went to her room, I listened for Ben. He was saying “I win! Mr Incredible wins!” I guess he had been Mr Incredible beating up bad guys. He came back in the house and asked me to come to the living room. I told him I would come if he was done with the boxes… was he done? He said he was. I got my stuff and went to the couch, after helping him out of his costume to use the bathroom, then helping him put it back on. He laid down with his tablet but didn’t put his earbuds in. I think the situation with Daughter upset him as much as it did her. I talked to him like normal, played with his toes… I didn’t bring up what happened between him and Daughter, she needs to talk to him. I don’t know if she’s ready to be the adult and get over her hurt feelings or her tiredness or whatever her issue is.

The idea that Brian had for doing POV “Guest Blogging” from Sven and Zeus was/IS an excellent idea… it’s just not happening for Adventure One Hundred. It’s 4:00 PDT as I’m writing now. I don’t know what the rest of the evening will be like. I know that I need to drive Daughter to work in about two and a half hours. Younger was planning on bringing Kris over for another injection, but I haven’t heard from her yet today. I’m going to go ahead and post this and concentrate on Ben. The next couple hours may be fine or they may be really hard. There’s no way to know.

I had chosen this song before things turned

Thanks for coming by Casa Cuckoo today and for the past ninety-nine days. You guys keep me going. Your support means more than I have words to express. I’ll be here with coffee tomorrow. I hope to see you.






26 thoughts on “Part πŸŽ‰100πŸŽ‰ ~ The Adventures of King Ben & Zeus the Big Dumb Dog

  1. Oh my, I hope the next couple hours are good ones, not bad. My fingers are crossed! And I liked that part about the guessers and their guesses. They got it wrong here today – boo! But I guess we should just expect it πŸ™‚ Good luck!

    Liked by 2 people

  2. Hope the evening goes smoothly and your round trip is within 30 minutes or Zeus might wag his whole tail off with joy when you walk through the door. πŸ’―!! Wow! With all you care for and you still manage time to write a post everyday And care for all of us…. you’re a super hero Angie, the realest real kind πŸ€—β€οΈ

    Liked by 1 person

    1. The evening was saved by Younger Daughter. She stayed with Ben, Zeus wasnt alone and Older got to work on time.
      Aww… thank you!πŸ€—πŸ₯° I don’t feel superhero ish… when Ben has a rough time I feel like I’ve failed him… like I missed something important he isnt able to communicate.☹

      Liked by 1 person

    1. I’ve been wondering about you! I’ve left comments on both of your recent posts but fear they have gone to your “spam” folder again.
      You dont have a “contact” page so I couldn’t email you either.

      How is the healing? How is the family? How are YOU???


      1. Healing takes its time especially after developing DVT and having a very close call. Almost finished my book. It’s been eating away at me more than the blood clots. I’ve had enough of pain for a while though it still likes to visit in the middle of the night. I hope that you and yours are managing to keep away from the twin viruses of Trump and Covid. Your country is in serious shit whilst mine is just in slapstick shit. Our little mob will make life a hell of a lot more difficult for many very soon. They are the genteel Nazis whilst yours are the blatant ones. We need walls to keep them penned away from power.

        Liked by 1 person

        1. Sorry to read about the bumps in your healing process. Pain is a visitor that LOVES popping up at 3am. Without the Fentanyl constantly in my spinal fluid and the occasional morphine tablets, I’d have NO life. I’ve had chronic pain over 20 years now… it sucks!

          Ben was VERY sick recently. I’m not positive it wasnt C19. He didn’t seem to have respiratory problems but I’ve read that children sometimes dont. His ability to communicate is extremely limited so he couldn’t tell us what hurt or what bothered him. He’s better now, but he was down nearly 2 weeks with something viral. He didnt eat for 5 days.

          The Orange Idjit is ridiculous and all his brown nosing cronies are worse. Luckily the Governor of California has a brain and a plan. My county has had about 350 C19 deaths… that’s really low considering there are millions of people in the county. If Ben’s school would open back up, life would be “normal” for me with the only difference being that I have to wear a mask in public.

          Take care of yourself!! Keep in touch. My comments aren’t showing on your posts. They’re probably in your WordPress comments “spam” folder.

          Liked by 1 person

  3. You made it to 100. Woo hoo! Very admirable milestone.

    And no worries about the switched-POV thang. You clearly had your hands full with other issues. There will come a day when you have the time and the inspiration, and it will be worth the wait. All in good time…

    Liked by 1 person

    1. Thank you again for the idea, I fully intend to use it at the earliest opportunity. πŸ₯°
      I went back and looked at the date of the start… one week after schools closed. That means Ben has been with me all day, every day for (over, now) 107 days😱 I couldn’t do it without you and the rest of my “visitors”.
      Truly, Thank You, Brian!πŸ’

      Liked by 1 person

  4. Wow, 100 is here all ready?! Sorry you were so busy for it. Hopefully, you’ll get some time and head space when the schools resume – it must be impossible to be creative at the moment!

    Liked by 1 person

    1. All my “creative” energy goes into Arts and Crafts Time with Ben. πŸ™„πŸ˜‚
      I’m hoping school will reopen at the end of August at the usual time. Ben goes to an autism specific school, so the classes are smaller and they already were diligent about cleaning. It should be easier for them to re-open than a regular public school.
      Approximately 60 days… I’ve already done over 100 days. 60 more should be easy, rightπŸ€ͺπŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ’Œ

      Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.