Part 132 ~ The Adventures of King Ben & Zeus the Big Dumb Dog

If you missed the start of this series, you can find it here. A lot of things will be the same or very similar.

The rest of last night’s routine went okay. I had to feed Ben to get him started. It’s like that sometimes… I put the steak on the fork and put the fork in his mouth for the first few bites, then he realizes ‘Yum! Food… good!’ and will feed himself. Then bath and Driving Miss Daisy. We left a few minutes early because Dogzilla was being a major bug. No problems putting Ben and Zeus to bed, and as far as I know he went to sleep pretty quickly.

I got Horizontal and waited for sunset and almost missed it. I took the first pictures,

then laid back down. I wasn’t going to take any more but Sophie Cat was buggin’ so I got up to get her out of my face. I was trying to zoom in or out and accidentally switched my phone camera from Photo to Pro setting and WOW! what a difference

I love happy accidents!

After sunset, I did my Night Things and got caught up on my WP reader…finally. I took my pill around 10:30. I’m not sure when I konked out.

The yelling run-by was at 5:30. He had to come back to do the yelling part. Zeus Bounced and sniffed and I heard Ben go by, but I wasn’t moving until it was necessary. I still have hopes of him getting in bed with me and letting me doze, like the good old days.

Anyway, 5:30 I texted Daughter “living room”. That’s all I was capable of at that time, and she wants to know when we get up. Ben bounced around, made Happy Noises and bounced around some more. I got coffee and stared at it, wondering how to get it in my body. My brain was definitely not running at peak efficiency.

I finally figured out how to drink my coffee. Yum… coffee! Ben was pacing and dancing and making his Happy Noises, getting louder and louder. I just stared at him, slack-jawed and dumbfounded.

He grabbed the Oreos and threw himself on the couch. Part of my mind was screaming against the idea of Oreos for breakfast, but the rest just shrugged. I was glad he was eating the whole cookie instead of just licking the center out and leaving the cookie part.

Meds at 6:45am and the uncovering of Sven. I put my hand in and petted his head and got nothing. I jiggled the terrarium and got nothing. So I jiggled his tail and he freaked. I felt bad for freaking him out, but I admit, I laughed… and took a picture

“Why can’t you just leave me alone?!”

I told Ben I was setting an alarm for when we needed to put our shoes on to go get Mom. He took that as a reason to go get Fully Dressed. I found him in his room, trying to pull a hat up from between his bed and the table. The table, with everything on it, was about to crash over. I got the hat and herded him to the couch… I wanted to brush his hair. He only complained a little bit, for Ben. I tell him every time he complains about brushing or washing his hair that we could cut it shorter, that he could have short hair and not have to worry about tangles. “Long hair!” is what he says every time, so I tell him we have to brush and braid his long hair every day.

Anyway, we left at 7:15am to go pick up Daughter from the hospital. Then came home to the whiney wiggle dancing Dogzilla with a stuffed animal in his mouth, and destruction by the window.

Ben walked in and said “What have you done?” He scripts some great lines sometimes. Daughter went right to her room, Ben sat down by the dumped out chalk and I returned to my Couch Sittin Duty.

Ben spent the morning doing the chalk thang. At 10:30 Daughter came out to take over, she hadn’t slept. I needed to change clothes and put gas in the car so I could go get the free PPE. I left around 10:40.

I was surprised that there wasn’t a line or anything. I drove up, had the back window down and they put the bag inside, then I drove out. I was done before 11am.

I went by McDonald’s to get Ben a Happy Meal since it was on the way home. Not much of a line at their drive thru either. I was doing great on time. I called Daughter (using my car’s bluetooth, of course) on the way home to let her know I was done and to see how things were going. All good at home too… Awesome! I was home by 11:15am.

The free PPE was in a cute reusable bag and had a box of fifty surgical masks, five face shields, and three pump bottles of hand sanitizer. Nice!

Ben happily switched from nom nomming Oreos, to chicken nuggets and fries. I changed back into my holey, comfy clothes and got Horizontal for a few minutes… waiting for Ben’s med doc to call.

She called at 11:30, right on time. Ben was on the couch with Daughter so I went out to sit with them. I wanted to be able to assist with Ben or add to the conversation, instead I brushed Dogzilla to keep him quiet and still. I love Zeus. He’s a Good Dog. He is also a great big pain in the butt sometimes. The doctor said bipolar is really rare in kids. She wants to work on his sleep and suggested an increase in his trazodone. After Daughter got off the phone with her, she looked at the bottle of trazodone and realized the doctor had the wrong info on how much he takes, so Daughter texted her. We’re not sure what to do until we hear back.

Daughter went to go sleep around 12:15. Ben and I hung out on the couch. We pretty much just hung out, talked about what he was watching, looked at his gears… just chilled until Daughter got up and took over around 3:15.

He had gone to my room to get my tablet, and was searching on Amazon for blocks. We had looked at blocks the other day, but he’d said dominoes, so we looked at small ones. I didn’t order them because he still had a LOT. This time he’d been setting up the colored Jenga type blocks I’d bought, so I showed him those on the tablet. YES! That was what he wanted. I placed the order, they’ll be here tomorrow. Even Ben can wait for tomorrow.

He stayed in the living room with Daughter for a little while then came to my room. My shirt had hiked up in the back and he saw my psoriasis scales… he couldn’t help it, he started picking. He got bored with it after a while and was off to a new adventure.

Nothing left but the countdown to the routine to Drive Miss Daisy. She works tonight but is off for two days after that (I think) so we just gotta get through tonight. It’s been a lot easier than I thought it would be. Easier is good.

Tonight’s song is just something I heard on the radio, driving around at some point today. I like sharing new, eclectic or any genre plain GOOD music. If there’s a band or a song you think I’d like, please let me know in comments. I’m always on the lookout.

Thank you for sharing our Adventures today. A good day made better by good friends and neighbors. Come by tomorrow to see if we continued with the chill or if things went Pear Shaped. You all can help me convince the Parrots that fly over to drop a feather for me. I really would treasure it. We can play with Ben’s chalk (with his permission of course) our build a complicated domino-sized block pattern an knock them down… or maybe we’ll just sit and chill, watch Hocus Pocus on repeat. We will have some laughs, no matter what kind of Adventures present themselves.






22 thoughts on “Part 132 ~ The Adventures of King Ben & Zeus the Big Dumb Dog

  1. Now you’re going to have me fidgeting on my phone for pro setting 😅. The silhouettes are amazing. 🥰. I hope the night brings sleep and good good everything. Hugs 🤗✨🎶💃

    Liked by 1 person

    1. Thank you! It was a pretty good day. There was some Younger Daughter Drama… but I can only offer to help. I cant fix everything☹ It hasn’t been intolerably hot here yet. Upper 80s is good for late July. I’m used to summers being in the mid 90s. THAT sucks and I hate it. We had a long wet Spring this year and now a mild Summer… weird weather🤔🤪🤷🏼‍♀️🤗🥰

      Liked by 1 person

  2. Holy cow, that PRO setting really does make a difference. (Not that the previous pics were bad, mind you.) Now I’ll have to fiddle with my own phone to see if I have a similar setting. The current phone is almost two years old and I still stumble across functions and settings that I hadn’t noticed before… 😉

    Liked by 1 person

  3. The pictured turned out great! Overall, sounds like an okay kind of day! Awesome! I have had to do the same “drive-by” at the kid’s schools to drop things off or pick things up. Going through that whole process – the lengths we go through as adults to stay away from each other to “do business” – just makes me realize how having hundreds of kids together isn’t in the cards right now. I hope you guys have another okay, or even better, day today!’

    Liked by 1 person

    1. Things got crazy last night with some Younger Drama🤦🏼‍♀️ and someone setting off fireworks at 9:15pm. 🙄🤪
      Ben was thankfully asleep by then. Today Ben has been chill so far… if everything else would cooperate I think we’ll have a good day😉😂😂
      Older is off tonight & tomorrow so no stress over that and no plans. Fingers crossed!
      I hope your crew is behaving😉🤪😂💖

      Liked by 1 person

      1. Oh, little miss sassy pants is giving me a run for my money right now. She told me (not asked me, told me) she was going to her “friends house” and staying for dinner, so don’t expect her here (she’s 12!). I have half a mind to drive over to see if she is ACTUALLY there. I’ve already landed in enemy #1 spot – so it won’t get me any demerits!

        Liked by 1 person

        1. You are in for it with that one!🤦🏼‍♀️ Both of my girls… OY!! Older would slam her bedroom door and I’d say “Is that the best you can do? Surely you can slam it harder than that.” 😂😂 Every time she got dramatic, I out drama’d her. You think it’s bad now… 2 or 3 years you’ll be wondering if jail is really that bad as you contemplate murder (kidding, totally kidding)…

          Liked by 1 person

          1. Haha! We live kind of near the teenage correctional facility. Don’t think I haven’t mentioned her placement there. Or military academy! I’ve already contemplated both – I can’t imagine where I am going to want to put her in 2-3 years when the hormones REALLY hit! Uggghhhh!!! 🙂 🙂

            Liked by 1 person

    1. Ahhh… I’ve never been to Yosemite. We almost went twice. Once when we went to the redwoods and once when we were in Wyoming and Montana… we just couldn’t fit it in either time. I hope you took lots of pictures.

      I’m so glad you got away! You really needed it! I’m doing a Happy Dance for you!💃🏼💫


      Liked by 1 person

      1. Thanks Angie. I love happy dances.
        I was fortunate to get to tag along w sister and brother in laws that had an extra room. I’m not a planner. It’s one of my weaknesses. But Yosemite is my husband’s favorite spot. So I’m extra happy we went.
        Hope you too will get to Yosemite some day

        Liked by 1 person

    1. Ugh! Reminds me of when I had to pick up Ben’s meds back in March. We had just sent a month’s worth of the med he takes at 10:30-10:45 and needed them back since school was closed. It took me 3 tries to get someone to meet me and give me the bottle.🤦🏼‍♀️

      I’m hanging in there. One foot in front of the other.😉 Dancing and laughing as much as possible.💃🏼💌

      Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply to Sadje Cancel reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.