Part 158 ~ The Adventures of King Ben & Zeus the Big Dumb Dog

If you missed the start of this series, you can find it here. A lot of things will be the same or very similar.

Things stayed pretty chill last night. Ben had first meds and ate his pizza in my room. At 6:00pm I ran his bath, he only fought me a little bit about the clothes. Also a small argument about what pajamas he was gonna wear. He got mad and dumped his dominoes.

Younger arrived around 6:25 and she made Ben help her pick up the dominoes before he went to bed. Older and I left while they were doing that.

I dropped her off and came back home, talked with Younger for a few minutes while she “shopped” in my fridge and cabinets, and I took pictures of sunset. Younger left and I locked up and relaxed, took a few more pictures and messed around on my phone.

Science and pretties

I nuked a burrito and ate it. I didn’t really feel like eating, it was still hot, but I hadn’t eaten anything all day, and one eighty is low weight for me. I prefer to be in the one ninety – two hundred range.

I stayed up til midnight again. It was just so hot and I was itchy, uncomfortable. I took my pill and still woke around 3am and again at 5:45am. I got up. Pointless to stay in bed, I needed to be up soon anyway.

I let Zeus out of Ben’s room, looked at the sky from the bathroom and kitchen windows… overcast. I was wondering if all the clouds meant it would be cooler or just more humid. It felt humid.

I went to Ben’s door a little after 6am and said “Good Morning, Babylove!” to start waking him up. He joined me on the couch a few minutes later. I got his tablet, charger and water bottle, then I uncovered Sven and turned his lights on.

I got him fresh greens, he didn’t seem interested. I guess I need to get him some berries. Spoiled rotten!

I gave Ben his meds, when it was time to Drive Miss Daisy, we got ready and left with no problems. She was waiting for us when we pulled up, she got in, we drove home… still no problems.

We sat and waited for Ben to put his window up, like every time we go anywhere. Then I locked the windows and turned the car off. He started to lean forward into the front seat to push the Start button, so I walked toward the house so the clicker thingy would be out of range. He got out of the car but his face said he was looking for trouble.

Inside the house, he showed us that he was indeed, looking for trouble. It started with door kicking and went through the entire repertoire. Daughter and I are both tired of holding back the Big Blow. Without a word or glance, we agreed to push back and be done with it. I got a few new bruises, but nothing got broken. The entire event lasted a little over an hour.

He came and sat with me on the couch, Daughter offered for me to go lay down, but Ben said “Gramma stay living room.”, so to keep the tenuous peace, I stayed. Daughter went to her room to change out of her work clothes, which she hadn’t had a chance to do yet.

A little while later Ben said “Gramma? More Oreo cookies please.” Okay… I went and told Daughter I needed to go to market, HRH requested Oreos. It was a request. Ben had to hit his head on the door after I got back. I wasn’t sure if that was the Final Event, like a period at the end of a sentence, or just an aftershock or a precursor of more Big Blow to come. I “helped” him get up and gave him his Oreos, Daughter went back to her room.

Around 9:45 I noticed Sven was back on top of his house with a grumpy beard. It was time for him to have his shower.

Sven got so blissed and relaxed in the shower, he let go of the accumulated waste material he’d stored up (plain words – he pooped). He was very much more yellow and bright after his shower.

Daughter actually discovered the situation when she went to use the baño before taking over Couch Sittin. She said she wasn’t sleepy… very tired, but not sleepy.

I was happy to let her take over. Ben was back on the couch after doing dominoes, watching his tablet, so he seemed okay with Daughter taking over. I got more coffee and went to get Horizontal.

I hollered out the 10:45 and noon med alarms to Daughter. She’d taken over around 10:30, maybe a little before. Ben was in and out of my room a few times, hanging out, chillin… no more “behaviors”.

I got really dozey when I first got Horizontal, but I fought it off. I had posts to read, comments to read and write, I had STUFF… and I was behind. I also had to call the bank and get that almost $100 charge taken off. Which they did, but it sucks to have to get new cards. Better waiting for new cards and changing a few accounts than paying $100 that isn’t my charge. How did someone clone the card is what I want to know?

At 2:20 I sent Daughter back to her room. She had konked out on the couch. Ben was quietly playing with his chalk. I think he was glad to have me in the living room with him.

I was supposed to wake Daughter up at 4:30pm, but Ben asked for “Taters, please” It’s like the fifth or sixth time he’s asked in the past couple days, so I peeled and sliced them and started them frying, then I went and woke Daughter up. I better get back to the kitchen…

A bit of a rollercoaster ride overnight and this morning… I’m glad we got off the ride. Thank you for tuning in for today’s Adventures. It feels like I’m living a Soap Opera sometimes. I keep expecting a few bars of some dramatic music to play… I’ve even got a few “faces” I can make. No Driving Miss Daisy for a few days, the laundry is done, I’ll probably need to make a store run for a few things soon, but otherwise I think we’re just gonna be hermits. If this dang heat and humidity keep up, we’ll be hermits in a closed up house with the AC blasting. I don’t even want to think about the bill. ¡Hasta mañana!






21 thoughts on “Part 158 ~ The Adventures of King Ben & Zeus the Big Dumb Dog

  1. Sorry to hear you got some new bruises. We didn’t experience any violence with Andrew. It must be hard with his lack of communication, not going back to school, etc…

    Curtis came to pick up his dog Hank. He was in a much better mood. He’s concerned about getting a job. He doesn’t have any interviews this week and that is unusual. He mentioned his PG&E bill was $245.00. But we are all stuck inside with no place to go in this smoke and heat.

    I didn’t ask if he needed money. I made him a grilled cheese and turkey on sourdough bread. He took a few bites and took the rest home. He has a horrible appetite and eats mostly fast food.

    We had a deer visit our open space this afternoon. She was watching us through the window. I guess that’s why Hank was so interested in going to the top of the hill to sniff around. Neither the deer nor my cat likes Hank. But I’m glad for a little diversion and change in the schedule.

    Hoping you don’t run out of Oreo’s and everyone stays cool.


    Liked by 2 people

    1. The corner market has bunches of Oreos, they must’ve hit a sale😉 so, more is practically next door.
      How cool to have deer visit. As long as they stay out of the garden!
      I cant even guess what our bill is gonna be. SDG&E is ridiculous with their rates, but what choice? We do turn the window units off when we’re not using them. Ben’s goes off during the day, the living room goes off at night, Daughter only has hers on when she’s in her room. Hopefully it wont be more than $300… our normal bill is around $100

      Liked by 1 person

    1. Yes, I’ve been tempted to really Bounce Ben, but he’s so grumpy when he gets woken up… it’s safer to stay out of reach. Older Daughter is a grumpy waker too…
      I guess being a Mom for soooooo long I’ve gotten used to not being mean when I get woken up.🤷🏼‍♀️
      I’m very relieved that Sven is awake again💕💃🏼🤗🥰

      Liked by 2 people

  2. Aww, too bad about the episode. But I guess he has to get it out of his system one way or the other. Hope the bruises are not hurting. Take care and I do hope next few days at least are free of stress.

    Liked by 2 people

    1. The bruises aren’t too bad. Not as bad as when I split my shin open🙄🤦🏼‍♀️ and Ben seemed to be better after. It has been building… I think everyone who’s been reading our Adventures can tell when Ben is ramping up now. I just wish there was a better way for him, and us.

      Liked by 2 people

  3. Wow, a lot happened before 9:45 AM! Busy day, my friend! I still can’t believe there are days you wake Ben up. I am glad to see a happy Sven – and thank you for the plain words 🙂 Here is hoping you guys have a smoother day today filled with cool weather and smiles!

    Liked by 1 person

    1. Thanks, Robyn! Because we have no plans today, Ben was up and ready to play at 5:15am today.🤪🤦🏼‍♀️
      The Guessers are predicting 92°F and 45% humidity, so it’s going to be another gross hot day if they’re right. Weird weather.

      How’s the schedule looking? Have you found your “Robyn Time” spots yet?🤞💖

      Liked by 1 person

      1. It looks like I’ll have two mornings a week – it’s something, I guess! I think as time goes on I will be more creative or figure out a new plan – but hey, I can be flexible 🙂

        Liked by 1 person

    1. Hugs gratefully accepted and returned! I admit to a few tears when it was over. The Big Blows are never easy, but they’re so much harder when we’re already completely exhausted. Just gotta keep putting one foot in front of the other… look for stuff to make us laugh… like lego storm troopers doing yoga😉😁💌💌

      Liked by 1 person

  4. Oh, I love the image of you practicing your “soap opera” faces. It just seems like a wise and clever thing to do, so I am hereby requesting that you save them up and share them with me when we finally have those side-by-side villas in Southern Spain… 😉

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.