Part 212 ~ The Adventures of King Ben & Zeus the Big Dumb Dog

If you missed the start of this series, you can find it here. A lot of things will be the same or very similar.

I started taking pictures around 5:30-5:45 last night, both Ben and Daughter were still sleeping. I probably should’ve woken them both up, Ben so he would have a few hours of awake time, and Daughter to take care of Ben. I didn’t want to deal with either of them being grumpy, especially at sunset when I was Gathering Scientific Data.

Daughter woke up and came out of her room during the Intermission time. She woke Ben up and gave him his night meds. This was around 6:45pm. Then she herded him to the baño, had him do his thing and cleaned his face and hands. Then it was off to his room for clean jammas and his bed. He was acting like he was still sleepy. After Intermission, I took a few more pictures, then started editing them.

Ben was awake in his room for a while, I could hear him laughing and scripting. Daughter had gone to her room, and I stayed in mine. I dozed a little after I was done editing the pictures. I tried very hard to stay awake, but kept nodding off.

Finally around 8:30pm I got up, moved around, and started playing a game on my phone… a game with obnoxious sounds that I usually mute. Last night the sound was full volume. After about twenty or thirty minutes of that, I was awake enough to take care of sending the sunset pictures to my WP media file, and to write a couple emails that needed writing.

Finished the second one around 10:30pm and went to nuke a couple burritos. I needed to eat something, even though I didn’t feel like eating. I started going through my WP comments while they cooled, then ate them as I continued through the comments and started going through the reader.

I’m sure there are posts that I missed, but I was starting to doze again. Daughter had gone back to sleep and I needed to sleep, obviously. I woke from a doze at 12:30am to Ben and Zeus exiting Ben’s room. He had been quiet for a while, but I have no idea if he slept, dozed or just quietly watched his tablet for a while. He used the Bath Room and went back to his room. I took my pill, knowing I needed to get some sleep. I was hoping he’d stay quietly in his room. Zeus refused to go back, Big Dumb Jerk!

Ben did stay in his room or he was quiet in his wanderings. He came in and woke me around 1:30am, asking for my tablet. He woke me a few more times, then at 4:00am the dreaded words “Gramma come living room, please.” I tried to talk him into getting into bed with me but no dice. He brought me his empty water bottle, encouraging me to get out of bed. Poop!

By 4:15am I was Couch Sittin. I went and looked at Mars in the west, and Venus in the east. It was still full dark, no sign of dawn or even pre-dawn. I drank coffee, I got his tablet charger, I went through my email and some of my WP comments… and I dozed. I couldn’t help it. The medication was still telling my brain to switch off, and I wanted to sleep. I also wanted to get some of my Stuff done so I could sleep without worry when Daughter got up. So I dozed, not really accomplishing anything.

I was in and out, but around 5:30am Ben woke me to open a can of soda for him. After that, I got up and started my eastern sky watching and picture taking. At 6am I uncovered Sven, turned his lights on, got him food and paparazzi’d him. Poor Sven still had that piece of blackberry stuck to the tip of his mouth, so I got it off for him.

He got mad at missing the other piece of blackberry he was after and at me taking pictures, so I left him to go back to sunrise.

I was back and forth, checking on Ben and editing pictures. At 6:30am I gave him his meds. He was laying on the couch next to me, under a blanket. After his meds, he pulled the blanket over his head. I told him I was gonna take more pictures, but doubt he heard me with earbuds in.

Around 7am, Zeus came wiggling and yipping at me and I figured Daughter must’ve gotten up since there aren’t any wells for Ben to fall down… I went inside and said Good Morning, then went back out. I was waiting for the Sun to actually make its appearance. While I was waiting, I harvested a pocketful of pecans. There are still some areas of the tree I haven’t even looked at yet. It’s going to be an abundant harvest! The Sun made its appearance and my pocket was full, so I went inside to get Horizontal.

Venus is visible in the first five pictures. I probably (definitely) went overboard with the pictures. It’s difficult for me to choose. This isn’t ALL the pictures. I’ll work on reducing the number of pictures per event. Let me know how many is too many and how many is just right. I create these posts for myself, sure… but they’re also for you, and if you’re just scrolling through the pictures because there are too many, that’s not good for either of us. I appreciate honesty, so don’t worry about hurting my feelings. I wouldn’t ask if I didn’t want an honest answer.

At 11:30am Daughter asked me to take over Couch Sittin Duty. She wasn’t feeling well. She said she had a slight fever and there was so much pressure in her sinuses that it was making her ears hurt. She set up an appointment with tele-med to see what she should do. She probably needs to get a Kootie test since she’s a nurse. She hasn’t been exposed as far as we know, and the hot, dry, windy weather we’ve been having causes a lot of sneezing and runny noses. Ben has been sneezing and dripping too. So I took over Couch Sittin and she went to lay down and wait for the doctor to call her. Ben was doing his chalk thang and scripting Angry Words when I started my Duty. He asked for more chalk, then went rooting around in my closet. I told him I don’t have anymore chalk. I gave him the last box yesterday, but I was able to show him where I ordered more. It should be here by Wedsnday. Six boxes of it. He wasn’t happy, but he went back to his chalk. I’m glad I have a good record with him on stuff ordered and delivered.

A little after noon, Daughter came to tell me the doctor advised her to go to urgent care and get a chest x-ray. She called the urgent care to see what the wait time was, and no one was waiting, so we got ourselves and Ben ready super fast and went. She told us to go home and she’d call. I asked if she was sure, we could wait a little while. She said “Go home” so I did what I was told.

Ben and I were home literally five minutes when she texted that she was done. So I grabbed Ben’s socks and shoes he’d just asked me to take from him and put them back on his feet. I told Dogzilla to “behave, no more trash” cuz he’d gotten into the trash while we were gone dropping her off, and off Ben and I went, back to get Daughter.

Her x-ray was clear, but there’s wheezing so the doctor called two different steroid inhalers into the pharmacy for her. They also did a COVID swab, since she’s a nurse and just because. She can’t go back to work until she has a negative test result and the soonest they’ll have her results is Monday. So she’s off work until next Friday unless she picks up shifts, which I wouldn’t advise.

Around 3pm I went up to the pharmacy to get Daughter’s inhalers. Only one was ready, they had to order the other one. One is better than none. I also got the Blue Ramen I forgot the last time I was at the store. Then I went to the pet store to get worms for Mr Grumpy Beard. I got him some blueberries at the grocery too.

I laid down when I got home. I felt like I’d been on a treadmill or hamster wheel… running, running, running and going nowhere. I felt like I’d been busy all day though I really hadn’t done much. I think it’s probably the sleep deprivation that makes running simple errands feel like treks to the back of beyond.

Daughter will be making something for Ben’s dinner soon, and I’ll be starting to Gather my Sciencey Data. The evening in entering the final hours before The Boys are tucked in. Then maybe I can rest too. After I do my Things and Stuff.

Heard this on the radio on one of the trips back and forth to Urgent Care… it’s catchy.

Circles -Post Malone

Another mostly sleepless, weird day. Or a normal Casa Cuckoo day, cuz every day is different. The weather was much cooler today, thank goodness and not having to worry about Driving Miss Daisy until next Friday is nice. Now we wait for her Kootie Test results. Maybe Monday, maybe not til Wednesday. I’m not worried about it. Daughter is sick, but she’s not Super sick. Rest is what she needs most, and not working, she’ll be able to rest. Tomorrow there is absolutely nothing on the agenda. I was going to wash Ben’s hair tonight cuz I’ve been doing it on Saturdays, but since I don’t have to worry about the usual crazy Sunday night and Monday morning chaos, I will probably just do it tomorrow night. Maybe he will sleep tonight and there’ll be less chance of crankiness tomorrow. Or I might do it tonight… who knows? I know that every day is a new Adventure. ¡Hasta mañana!






19 thoughts on “Part 212 ~ The Adventures of King Ben & Zeus the Big Dumb Dog

  1. OOHH. I’m the first person to leave a comment here. That never happens.
    Bummer your daughter doesn’t feel well. Funny. We haven’t been sick for so long. Prob cause we never go anywhere.
    The lack of sleep has got to catch up on you. Hope you don’t get ill.

    Hoping to watch a movie tonight and chill.

    Happy happy.


    Liked by 1 person

    1. I’m glad she’s off work until Friday. She works Friday, Saturday, Sunday nights 7pm to 7:30 am. She wanted to work 3 12hr shifts and have 4 days off. And since they did a COVID swab at Urgent Care, she can’t go back until she gets a negative result. Lucky that Monday is the earliest for the test result. I dont think she has COVID. She had pneumonia twice after getting strep twice when she was in high school, and ever since then, she gets bronchitis easier. The hot, dry, windy days and the cool nights… Ben has had a runny nose too.
      I don’t get sick very often🤷🏼‍♀️

      Happy movie night! Relax!💕💓💌✨

      Liked by 1 person

  2. It’s been a day for you! I’m sorry your daughter isn’t feeling well, and Ben too. Allergies are terrible here this time of year and can make you feel really bad. I hope you can All get some much needed rest. Neat song 🎶 and beautiful sunsets and roses ☀️. You’re going to have to figure out something way cool to do with all those pecans! 🥰✨🦄🦜🤗❤️

    Liked by 1 person

    1. I don’t know WHAT I’m going to do with the pecans. I’ve got 2 big containers filled so far. They’re still in the shells, but there has to be a couple cups of nut meat. I’ve got to figure out what’s wrong with my oven before I start making baking plans

      Liked by 1 person

  3. Aww, you need your rest too Angie. I think you should do what new moms are advised to do, sleep when the baby/ Ben sleeps. By the time you go to sleep he already has had 4-5 hours of sleep! The photos are spectacular.

    Liked by 1 person

      1. No you cannot. If a person is sleep deprived, they cannot function well, not long term. I’m sure when you adjust your sleep routine to his, you’ll get plenty of time to catch up to your daily activities when he is otherwise engaged.

        Liked by 1 person

  4. I like all the pictures and it’s super easy to swipe through and focus on the ones I like so no need to cut back on my account. I’m starting to feel feverish and getting chills and a splitting headache. Just had to run to the bathroom. Whatever she has Older has is so contagious I caught it through your blog! Or maybe it’s the Parmesan cheese I put on my pasta. Oh ya I think it’s probably that which is even more disturbing because life really can’t be done without cheese.🧀🍝🤒🤧Sorry you are getting very limited sleep. That’s really 💩py. What do you think of my ever increasing use of emoji’s?

    Liked by 1 person

  5. Oh my goodness, what a busy day! And it started way before the crack of dawn. Uggh. Made me tired to read – then with all the running around. Wow! I hope daughter is okay! And begins to feel better soon too. I hope you all got some good sleep and have a wonderful day today!

    Liked by 1 person

    1. She’s still not well, but rest is what she needs. It’s viral, whatever it is, so she just needs to let her body fight it off. The doctor at Urgent Care said they’re seeing a lot of unknown viral respiratory stuff. NOT the Kootie. So I’m reassuring her over and over that she’s just sick from the wonky weather. Younger had viral asthma when she was 9 months old… same kind of thing. Same treatment too, except a 9 month old needs a nebulizer, not an inhaler 🤣🤣🤣 The stress of work has been removed from Older too, so that will help everyone. Even the weather is cooperating… mid 80s today say the Guessers… and GLYSB tomorrow for us and 1 week for you💫💃🏼🌠✨
      Have a great Sunday, Robyn… the real countdown starts today!💕

      Liked by 1 person

    1. Hugs gratefully accepted and returned!💌💌💌💌
      I’m wiped, but I keep going. If I could get caught up, I’d feel better about napping, but I wanna take care of MY Stuff and life keeps preventing me. I may have to just accept that I cant read every post from those I follow 😞😢☹

      Liked by 1 person

    1. Poor Daughter is still dragging around. It’s a nasty virus, whatever it is. If the doctors couldn’t identify it, that means it’s not part of the flu shot this year. I have a feeling lots of people are gonna get the flu, and the Kootie this winter. Stay safe, my friend!💕

      Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.