Part 228 ~ The Adventures of King Ben & Zeus the Big Dumb Dog

If you missed the start of this series, you can find it here. A lot of things will be the same or very similar.

Daughter cooked Ben’s chicken and I took pictures for my Science Project. Just a regular sunset. I got to watch the entire thing before I had to do peasant labor again so that was nice. It’s undignified for a Astronomy Scientist like myself to be doing the type of Arts and Crafts projects that HRH assigns me. Oh well… we all do what we must.

Ben was really confused by the time change. He knew we had to take Daughter to work, but he was used to it just getting dark when we left. Here it was, full dark and he hadn’t had his bath yet. I gave him his meds at 5:30pm, like usual for a Work Night, then ran his bath at 5:45pm.

One small hiccup after his bath. He was sitting on the couch in his robe and he was sucking down a soda through a straw… I don’t know if the bubbles caused it, if he drank bathwater while he was “swimming” with his face in the water, or if he was trying to burp and gagged himself, but… all that chicken he had for dinner was on the floor, on the couch blanket and on his robe. He yarked two or three times, then wanted more soda. Daughter stopped him from sucking the rest of it down.

I cleaned up the mess, thankful we have tile floors, while Daughter got him out of his bathrobe and into a nightgown. I took the bathrobe and couch blanket and tossed them on the washer. (It’s right outside my bedroom window. Easier to toss super dirty, or wet things out the window than to walk them all the way around the house.)

Ben was fine after that. Just one of those things. Daughter got ready and we left early cuz Ben was looking sleepy. We dropped her off, and then we came home. I got Ben tucked in, Zeus was waiting in the bedroom when we came in, and texted Daughter to let her know that all was well.

Things, Stuff, email… the usual. I ate a piece of cold pizza and heated up the rest of the leftover pasta.

Ben was still awake at 9pm so I went and told him it was sleeping time. At 10pm I gave him a half trazodone cuz Daughter said to, and cuz maybe he lost part of his meds with the chicken when he yarked. Daughter texted at 11pm to see if he was asleep. It had been quiet for almost a half hour so I texted her back that fingers crossed, hopefully yes. Then I ate the pasta and took my pill. I was ready to konk out.

I woke up to Zeus the Big Dumb Jerk yipping and barking again. It was around 5:45am, and I was NOT pleased. I had a 6am alarm set, so he deprived me of Fifteen Whole Minutes! He tried to go for my room again, I just pointed and said “Potty!” He tried to look ashamed but wasn’t trying very hard. He and Ben are truly siblings. I have a human grandchild and a K9 fur child, and they’re both little buttheads… Bless their hearts!

I got the coffee going, made my pit stop and started getting myself ready to get Ben up. I thought I’d have to wake him since he was up so late, but at 6:15am he came thumping down the hall, straight to the couch and under a blanket. He saw me gathering his things and packing his backpack and said “No bus today.” I told him that the bus was coming today, but we had to go get Mom first. He started his usual spiel about running away up the stairs, so I gave the correct response to each statement. It’s the back and forth he likes, the ritual. I was getting him dressed during this. After getting him changed out of his nightgown and into shorts, high-top Chucks, shirt, tie and suit jacket, I made him use the baño.

Then he settled back on the couch and I uncovered Sven. He’d slept on his hammock again. I left the greens and single surviving worm (made me wonder if it’s the same worm that had survived so many days…), I planned on getting him fresh food after the Happy Dancing.

We had about ten minutes before we had to leave, and I really wanted to enjoy my coffee, but HRH had other ideas… Arts and Crafts… DANG! He said “I need tape!” while holding some finger lights and a train. UGH!! I knew that to refuse would cause an all-day obsession and ruin his chances of having a good day at school, so I forgot about the coffee and started with the taping. I told him we had to hurry, when the alarm went off, it was time to get Mom. Fortunately, this was a project I’d done approximately seventeen billion times before, so I was able to tape five finger lights to the train in less than ten minutes, barely. The alarm went off, I shoved the tape in the pocket of my hoodie, grabbed my stuff, got him into his backpack and mask, told Dogzilla to behave, and off we went.

Daughter came out of the main entrance to the hospital a couple minutes after we got there and we headed back toward the Casa to meet the GLYSB. We got to the parking lot, and set his chair up. T Minus ten minutes and counting. The bus arrived at 7:27am, three minutes early, Yay! When the doors opened and we saw the driver, we were doing a Dance Of Joy!! It was a gal we love, someone Ben has had before and she adores him. Double Yay! He gave her a hug, probably not Kootie Safe, but both were masked, and sometimes we gotta hug our friends! I asked her if we could move the drop off and pickup to the street in front of the house. She asked why it had changed to the parking lot, so I told her about the previous driver’s preference…yadda yadda yadda. She’s gonna meet us on the street in front. Triple YAY! And the HAPPY DANCING commenced… Daughter walked around and I drove the car. I wanted to park it back in the driveway.

I got fresh greens and berries for Sven, dropping the worm on the substrate for him, and had to move it from escaping five or six times before he finally got it. I felt kinda bad for it, it was a real survivor, but at least it’s finally out of its misery. I gave Sven his fresh greens and berries and paparazzi’d him until I got The Glare.

Daughter went to her room to eat and watch her shows, then sleep. I put the blanket and bathrobe in the washer before the Sun dried out the yuckies, then got Horizontal and finally, Finally got to enjoy my first cup of coffee.

I went through my email, sent a few texts, then tackled my WP Reader. I think I got all the way through, but with scheduled posts I might have missed some, so I’ll be doing a quick double check. I even played a little of the game I have. It was a very relaxing day. The only chore-y thing I did was one small load of laundry.

Ben was scanned onto the bus at 1:28pm… two minutes early. I didn’t get upset because they picked him up early today, so it’s fair. I walked over to Little Caesar’s and got him some Crazy Bread. He’s always starving when he gets home, like every kid, everywhere, since caveman days. I got him a soda too, telling him to take little drinks. We didn’t want a repeat of last nights oopsy. He sat on the couch, watching his tablet, eating his bread and belching like he was trying to win a prize. I went back to my room for some more Horizontal Time and almost dozed off.

Daughter came in my room just before 4pm and said “I should’ve had you get me a Monster when you walked over earlier.” No duh! I told her that was why I always asked before I left, so I didn’t have to make multiple trips. So I put on my mask and put on my shoes and walked over to the market. I got Ben more poofs and more “green Pringle chips”. I also bought three little candy filled cars just because I knew he’d meet me at the door and want to inspect the bag, which he did! And now it’s about time to do Sciencey Stuff. I really DO NOT like Standard time. I think California should be on DST year round.

I forgot how much I loved these guys. So much fun, and good songs too!

Be Good Johnny – Men At Work

No super secret, private Adventures… Except for the Hour Of Chaos this morning, it was a very mellow day. The perfect kind of day. Tomorrow we get to do the Chaos thing again, but hopefully HRH will be in a little better frame of mind, and a little more cooperative. I need to run errands tomorrow so, no laziness for me. Will you join me on my errands? Will you hang out at Casa Cuckoo with us and Drive Miss Daisy and Happy Dance after the departure of the GLYSB? Will you help do Arts and Crafts? AWESOME. ¡Hasta mañana!






18 thoughts on “Part 228 ~ The Adventures of King Ben & Zeus the Big Dumb Dog

  1. Not a bad 24 hours! Minus the yarking, of course. Bobby has been notorious in drinking too much soda, too fast, with too much air in between and has been our yarker – not that is what happened to Ben maybe, but I feel your pain! I am glad you had a rather chill day otherwise. The time change is so annoying. At 4:30 it was dark outside for us and I have been ready for bed since. It is so confusing! I wish they would just get rid of it. Everyone is off from school here tomorrow for election day. Election day! Bob and I waited to vote tomorrow in person. Gosh, I have a feeling these election results will take weeks to finalize. We can only hope for the best! I hope you guys have a great night and great day tomorrow!

    Liked by 1 person

    1. No GLYSB for D?😱 I’m sorry☹ I was reading about Pennsylvania and all the shenanigans around the election. I usually vote in person too, but the mail thing was super easy, so I went with it. The sent a sticker too… Gotta wear your sticker!😉

      Older is convinced “the world is gonna end” over the election, so since I have to get prescriptions filled at the pharmacy/grocery store anyway… yeah, she’s creating a stockpile list 🙄🤦🏼‍♀️ Should be fun😫 I just hope everyone else doesn’t have the same idea.

      I hope you & Bob don’t have to wait long and can enjoy the rest of the “holiday”(?)😆💕

      Liked by 1 person

      1. It is a complete mess here. The governor has had us shut down for so long. The kids are allowed to play school sports under a ton of regulations, but parents aren’t allowed to attend. You can imagine the uproar from the angry parents when players have been injured and the parents weren’t there. That is just some of the restrictions. It is really crazy.
        I think this is going to be a weird week. I hope it goes smoothly though without a lot of rioting and whatnot.
        Thanks! I just saw someone post they have been in line for 45 minutes and still have 15 to go. I might wait a bit and then go get in line!

        Liked by 1 person

          1. It took about 30 minutes waiting outside in the freezing cold – but I got in and voted. It felt very Trump heavy when I was there. A lot of pickup trucks and people that actually had “TRUMP” written across their face masks. I swear our governor messed everything up. He kept us locked down with so many restrictions for so long I bet that angered a lot of people and they voted the opposite way.

            Liked by 1 person

            1. I’ve read about Pennsylvania(prior to yesterday, still staying away from news)… a very hotly contested state and how everything was so wonky it may be weeks before your election is certified. The electoral college needs to go… there’s really never been a need for it, and there definitely isnt a need now. It’s ridiculous that someone could win the popular vote & still lose the race.

              Liked by 1 person

  2. Is yarking an American word? Today sucked beyond belief. I was definitely the worm that almost survived but did not. Risperidone is being continued at massive doses throughout the day. I cannot even visit if I will not give the medication. 😦

    Liked by 1 person

    1. ☹oh Melanie… I’m so sorry. It kinda reminds me of when I was at the mercy of the Work Comp insurance company. I had to do what they said, no choice. Well… my choice was to forfeit my case and live in unbearable pain, but that wasn’t an option, I wouldn’t have survived it.
      My point is… it really sucks when all your options are bad, and you have to go along with stuff, just to survive.
      My unsolicited advice is do what they say so you can be with them. This Dragon won’t be in your life forever. Bide your time… this may be a “test” from greater powers, God if you like. My ordeal was definitely a time of testing and tempering of steel.

      “Yarking” isnt an American word, it’s an Angie word😉 I like to make up words🤷🏼‍♀️

      Hang in there. It only feels like forever. 💗💕💗💕💗💕💗💕💗💕💗💕


    1. The night has gone well too! Getting ready to take my pill and head off to dreamland soon.
      Enjoy your Tuesday! Be glad your family is all home with you, the States are no place to be right now and Tuesday could get ugly.☹🤗🥰💕

      Liked by 1 person

    1. I felt sad too… I didn’t give him any more. I certainly hope the Big Blue Wave swallows the Orange Idjit and the wingnut, MAGA Hatters don’t indulge in any more domestic terrorism. Older is sending me to the grocery store with a LIST. 🙄🤦🏼‍♀️can’t wait😫

      Stay safe and keep those meds close. No reason to white knuckle it!💌💌

      Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.