Part 348 ~ The Adventures of King Ben & Zeus the Big Dumb Dog

If you missed the start of this series, you can find it here. A lot of things will be the same or very similar.

Ben started getting antsy around sunset time last night. I don’t know if he was picking up on Daughter’s anxiousness, or if it was just the end of a rough day, but among other “behaviors”, he kicked the door enough times to jiggle the lock open, he ran out the front door, (I was right there with him, and talked him back inside) he was being antagonistic. I spent a lot of time trying to calm him, settle him. Also like Sunday night, I spent time trying to ease Daughter’s frustration and anxiety.

I was able to get some sunset viewing in while I was keeping Daughter and Ben from pushing each other’s buttons. I noticed that I can start marking the setting point from my side door again. The Equinox is on the twentieth, and I’m excited to see if it matches with September.

Things weren’t good last night, but it wasn’t horrible either. There was a lot of tension, but I got Ben through his bath, then Daughter got The Boys settled for the night.

Younger and Partner stopped by to pick up mail, and steal a box of Girl Scout Cookies. They only stayed a few minutes, which was fine cuz I was in the middle of Stuff and Things. Fast Forward… I took my pill at 10:30pm and konked around 11:00pm. I surfaced a few times but didn’t wake all the way until 5am. That’s the best I’ve slept in a while.

I stayed in bed, going through email and enjoying the quiet. I thought about getting up to look at the sunrise, but skipped it. I finally dragged myself out of bed around 6am. I did go outside to look and photograph, and figured I missed some pretties by the look of the clouds. Oh well, rest is more important, and the sunrise I saw was pretty too. Silly to be bummed about something I might’ve missed.

Ben did well this morning, and we got him onto the bus without more than the usual trouble. If he followed every direction, and didn’t need several prompts, I’d worry there was something wrong with him. Happy Dancing was on time, and I kept my footing today. WOOT WOOT!

I waited to walk again because even though the Sun was shining bright, the breeze was still chilly. Spring is coming, but it’s not quite here yet. Anyway, I did the same two mile walk at the brisk pace, and finished in exactly thirty minutes. Good enough! I think to go faster, I might as well be jogging, and I don’t do that for lot’s of reasons… all of them involve injury and pain. So a fifteen minute mile is good enough. A few more days of that, then I’m going to walk a different route. It’s boring walking the same blocks over and over.

Daughter had thrown her stuff, and Ben’s stuff into the washer, so after walking and resting for a bit, I threw my stuff in. Then I gathered my courage, and went to the grocery store. It didn’t seem super busy until I was done shopping and went to find the end of the line. They have a “one line” system, and that one line went all the way down the aisle, and across the back of the store. People behind me were complaining… oh my goodness, were they ever! Nobody likes to wait in long lines, but sheesh! complaining won’t make the line move faster. And why is there always one person who has to cut in? I was studying Human Nature at the grocery store.

I got home and made three trips up the driveway to get all the stuff inside. I hollered out to Daughter when I dropped the first load, didn’t see her when I dropped the second, then she was rushing to put stuff away when I got the last bags in, asking me why I didn’t call her to tell her I was on the way home.

While she was putting the food away, I went to get the last load of laundry from the washer. I took all three baskets to the car, and drove them across the street to the Domain Of The Quarter Lady, aka the laundromat next to the 7-11.

I didn’t see anyone in the office as I dropped the baskets at my dryers, then headed to the change machine. I got my quarters, and was walking back to the dryers, when Quarter Lady appeared, right in front of me. She must have ninja skills or be part gecko, cuz I swear I didn’t see where she came from. She smiled (crinkled eyes… we were both wearing our masks) and said hello. I did the same, then continued to the dryers.

Sorry, folks, no Jerry Springer style smackdown occurred. I haven’t forgotten that she called me a liar to my face, but I wasn’t feeling the urge to unload on someone who deserved it either. I fed the quarters in, set an alarm on my phone for when it was time to go back, then went home to rest, and attempt to make some progress on my WP Reader.

I made very little progress before the alarm was going off, time to get the clothes. I got them, brought them home, then folded and put away my stuff and Ben’s stuff. Just as I finished, Ben was scanned onto the bus for home… 1:26pm… four minutes early. So ends GLYSB time until next Monday. I had sadz!

When Daughter opened the door to watch for the bus, she saw a box had been delivered for me… CHALK! I quickly opened it, hid all the boxes of chalk, then broke down the delivery box and put it in the recycle bin. I left a forty-eight, and a sixteen box out for Ben to have when he got home. He started doing his thang right away, but after twenty minutes or so, he was Bouncing me and asking for “another big box of chalk, please, please, please, PLEASE!” I wasn’t happy about it, but I gave it to him.

When I went out to the living room I noticed Sven standing in his food dish. He’s been in the front Pouting Corner the past couple days, only moving his eyes. It was nice to see him grace us with his company. I got him some berries to put on his greens, and paparazzi’d him til he glared.

Around 3:30pm Ben came and joined me on my bed. He cannonball’d, pushed Zeus out of his way, and settled in for some tablet watching.

Daughter doesn’t go back to work until Thursday night, and Ben will be home until next Monday, so there is no schedule tonight. The clouds from this morning all burned off, but the marine layer may come back in. I’ll be able to monitor it from the comfort of my bed. Very nice.

A brand new song from The Offspring

Let The Bad Times Roll – The Offspring

A busy, busy day for me. I was happy with my walk time, and my sleep last night, but not so happy that I had to spend one of my two GLYSB days running errands. Maybe I’ll get to relax more tomorrow. I doubt Daughter will attempt Zoom school, and she doesn’t have work, so theoretically it should be a chill day. But this is Casa Cuckoo… Of course, a completely chill day would be unexpected, so it could happen. Yeah, my justifications and logic confuse even me. Thanks for stopping by! We’re getting closer to number three sixty-five, and the ending of the daily Adventures, but like Spring, we’re not there yet. So, I’ll see ya tomorrow.






9 thoughts on “Part 348 ~ The Adventures of King Ben & Zeus the Big Dumb Dog

  1. I love it when packages come (like the earbuds I order in mass and hide until they are needed) when the little eyes are not there to see! Yay!
    Gret job on your walk today! Nice pace! I am trying to get some treadmill time in now, but before I was walking the dog at a 17-18 minute mile pace (and that was while being dragged half the time). You are cooking! Great job!
    Busy day! Good sleep (yay!) No smackdown, but a little Sven – he is entertainment enough πŸ™‚
    Here’s hoping for a smooth night and a good day tomorrow!

    Liked by 1 person

    1. I’m probably not going to keep that pace all the time. By the end of the 2 miles, I’m done. All the up and down of the driveways, and the uneven pavement… my ability to fall over. I’m asking for trouble pushing it like that.πŸ™„πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Now I know my “top speed”, I’ll probably dial it back a bit. I’ve got to build strength and stamina and not injure myself in the process.
      Eventually I’ll be bringing Zeus with me, cuz he has chunked up. He needs more exercise. But I’m not strong enough for that yet😡
      I hope you get some good sleep, and have a great Wednesday too!πŸ€žπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸŒΊπŸ’•

      Liked by 1 person

  2. Great walking pace Angie! And some restful sleep πŸ’€ yayyyyy! Laundry day on school day is a bummer but I guess needs demand attention. Finally you got more chalk but how long will it last? You must be spending a fortune on it.
    I hope it IS A CHILL day tomorrow. Lots of hugs! Sleep well my friend πŸ’—β€οΈπŸ§‘πŸ’™πŸ˜˜πŸ’š

    Liked by 1 person

    1. Thank you!πŸ€—πŸ₯° I don’t even want to think about all the money we’ve spent on chalk. But video games and stuff other kids his age want are expensive too.πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ
      I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!πŸ€žπŸŒˆπŸŒΊπŸ¦‹πŸ’•πŸ’

      Liked by 1 person

  3. That’s great about your walking! You’re making good time. I’m so happy the chalk came πŸ’•πŸŒˆ And a new song from The Offspring, Nice πŸŽΆπŸ’ƒ. Hope sleep is good tonight. Hugs πŸ€—β€οΈπŸ’«πŸ’πŸΎπŸ‰

    Liked by 1 person

    1. I am rather proud of myself with the walking. I dont wanna jinx myself, but I think this time, I’ll be able to stick with it.
      I’ve gone after not enough sleep & after Daughter worked, and it wont be too hot in the summer months. Hopefully πŸ€žπŸ™„πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

      I hope you got some restful sleep, you and your pack of pupsπŸ€—πŸ₯°πŸ¦‹πŸŒΊπŸ¦πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’«βœ¨πŸ’•

      Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.