Part 350 ~ The Adventures of King Ben & Zeus the Big Dumb Dog

If you missed the start of this series, you can find it here. A lot of things will be the same or very similar.

Sunset was rained out, and that was good, cuz Daughter konked out on the couch and Ben was outside, playing in the water hole… of course he was.

I cooked “orange chicken” for his dinner, and tried to get him to come back inside. He finally got cold enough, or whatever, and came in around 5:30pm. I stripped him down, and put a bathrobe on him. I told him that he could just wear that until after his bath… and he flipped out!

He threw off the bathrobe, ran to his room, grabbed a nightgown, and ran to the living room. He was yelling “No bath!” and “Go bedtime” the entire time. I figured out that he was thinking he was gonna get a “covered in mud” shower, so I reassured him that it was a regular bath with bubbles, just a quick one to warm up and rinse off. He started to calm down and quit yelling.

He woke Daughter up with his noise, and by the time I got him to settle, it was almost time for his night meds. His food wasn’t quite done cooking, and his bath was running. I asked Daughter if she wanted to do his meds then, at 5:45pm, or wait? She gave him his meds.

He had started messing with the chalk. Completely naked, and completely focused. When his bath was done, I tried to get him into the tub. He was so completely focused on the chalk, and finishing his “creation”, that he wouldn’t, or couldn’t stop.

I tried talking to him for ten minutes and he completely ignored me. I tried to get him to stand up by grabbing him under the armpits, and he flailed and clocked me on the cheekbone. OUCH! I walked away from him, muttering that he could stay naked, dirty, and hungry. Then I went back, and tried talking to him again.

He was madly shaping the pieces of chalk and arranging them. He finally finished and got up and went into the bathroom. His bath went as usual, like nothing had happened.

After The Boys were settled in Ben’s room, Daughter and I talked about the whole thing. We agreed that he needs to find a way to get past the NEED to complete a project. Life isn’t going to wait for him like that.

I’m sure it wasn’t fun for him to know I was irritated, or to know he hurt me. But he chose to continue with the chalk. It may have been upsetting to leave it incomplete while he had his bath, but these were all routine things. He made the choice, and I pushed it because he needs to learn to choose what is expected over what he wants sometimes.

Anyway, the rest of the evening was the same old, same old. I took my pill around 11pm, and was still awake at 1:30am. Daughter had gone to sleep around midnight. I don’t know why the med wasn’t working, or why the Food Coma didn’t drag me under, but I didn’t go to sleep until 2am or later.

I woke up around 6am, and got up. I had about fifteen minutes of peace before The Boys joined me.

The morning was the usual chaos, but no drama. I went outside a few times, took a few pictures, but it was super foggy, and all of my avian friends were elsewhere or still sleeping.

I uncovered Sven and got him fresh food. Today was supposed to be warmer and sunny, so I planned to make him wake up, and start moving around. I didn’t have to jostle him, he moved on his own. I guess he was hungry.

I made an animation instead of showing ALL the pictures… fun.

I was getting irritated as 8:30am came and went, with Daughter still sleeping. There was no reason my walk HAD to be at 8:30am, but it was the principal. She got up at 9:30am, and I went to change clothes so I could go. It’s weird how one little thing like an hour delay of my walk can set my day off. It didn’t put me in a bad mood, but the rest of the day was just… OFF.

My two mile walk was completed in thirty-five minutes today. I stopped a bunch of times to take pictures. The Sun was shining, the sky was blue, and fluffy white clouds were scattered. It was a very pretty morning.

Things were calm when I got back and pretty much stayed that way for the rest of the morning into the afternoon. Then the new phones were delivered.

It was still okay for a little while, but Ben didn’t like that Daughter wasn’t paying attention to him, so he started acting out. She was trying to set up her new phone, and he was bugging her. Finally, he snatched her old phone and ran into my room. She followed and snatched it back. Things went downhill from there.

Door kicking, moving all the stuff from the back gate, yelling, grunting, throwing things, scripting… just a tornado of noise and destruction. I got him to start calming down around 2:15pm. He was in my room telling me to “get dressed, go to the store”. It started angry, but was becoming just words.

I offered him a soda, brought him the last box of Pink Cookies, and brought his tablet. Fifteen minutes later I brought his afternoon meds. He hung out in my room eating the frosting off the cookies, drinking the soda, and belching.

Around 3:15pm, his mood happy again, he went in the living room and started messing with his chalk. I grabbed a box of forty-eight piece chalk and gave it to him. Trying to keep the better mood going.

Daughter goes back to work tonight. That means PreGame Show, and Driving Miss Daisy. Maybe some sunset viewing and testing the new phone camera. Maybe I’ll even get to my Reader, which I haven’t been able to get to all day.

Can you still remember all the words to this song?

Tainted Love – Soft Cell

A rollercoaster day, and very little sleep. Lots of interruptions and very little accomplished. I did my walk late, but I did it. I got my new phone activated, and will eventually get everything set up. Ben was headed toward a meltdown, but I brought him back down. It’s always something at Casa Cuckoo… never a dull moment. Sometimes it’s chill though… let’s hope for more chill.






11 thoughts on “Part 350 ~ The Adventures of King Ben & Zeus the Big Dumb Dog

  1. Yikes! That sounds like a tough 24 hours. Not what I was wishing for you at all last night! Tough night with Ben, tough night of sleep! Ugh! The later walk would have bothered me too. But that is awesome you got it in – great job too! Great job stopping the meltdown too.
    Okay, so let’s try again – I am so hopeful that your night is a smooth sailer and that tomorrow there is lots of chillin’ on the couch right after an 8:30 AM walk. The good vibes have been sent!

    Liked by 1 person

    1. Thanks Robyn!๐Ÿ˜‚ It’s been extra Cuckoo here!๐Ÿคช But Sven woke up, and I can use my new phone, and ermigawd… the camera on this phone!!๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ AND I got a bunch of cute new emojis… so not all bad๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
      I hope you have a great Friday too!๐Ÿคž๐Ÿ’•


  2. You have some beautiful sights along your walk. Thank you for taking us along. Is it like this year round or will there be a spring flush of more flowers? ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ

    It must be very hard for Ben at times. Youโ€™re very good with him and heโ€™s fortunate to have so many people love him. โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ’•

    I love this song! ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ. Iโ€™ve heard some good covers of it too. Hugs and wishes for a good nightโ€™s sleep! โœจ๐Ÿค—โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’ซ

    Liked by 1 person

    1. The flowers will bloom more, and I was thinking about that today. When all the flowers bloom it will be REALLY pretty. The trees will fill out too. The Jacaranda and Magnolias will bloom.

      I hope you get/got some good ๐Ÿ˜ด and beautiful dreams!โœจ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ’ซ๐Ÿฆ‹๐ŸŒป๐Ÿชถ๐Ÿช๐ŸŒ›๐ŸŒ 

      Liked by 1 person

  3. An eventful day! Iโ€™m glad you averted a meltdown and got him to listen to you. Hope it goes well tonight! Such lovely pictures from the walk today. Lots of hugs and love. ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿง๐Ÿ’

    Liked by 1 person

    1. Hugs gratefully accepted and returned๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—
      Today started with door kicking at 2:45am๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ It’s gotta get better, right?!๐Ÿคช๐Ÿ’Œ๐Ÿ’Œ๐Ÿ’Œ


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.