Part 353 ~ The Adventures of King Ben & Zeus the Big Dumb Dog

If you missed the start of this series, you can find it here. A lot of things will be the same or very similar.

Things were going okay last night. Ben was in a good mood, and he was eating his pizza, and watching his tablet. Then around 5:15pm a switched flipped, and so did Ben.

It was still okay-ish at first. He was using a big rock to bust up some of the outside chalk. That wasn’t good enough apparently, so he moved to the stucco wall. He’s already done SO much damage to that wall, and it’s not even part of our property, it’s a garage for the houses that hold the doctor’s office. It took a long time to get him away from there. I was taking pictures of sunset and talking to him.

He started madly sweeping all the scattered, outside chalk after leaving the wall. It was around 5:30pm and I ran his bath, knowing it was going to take a while to get him into it.

Bath was finally accomplished, but he didn’t want to get out. We finally got him out around 6:10pm. He took off running outside with him bathrobe only across his shoulders. I went after him, and brought him back in. He’d wanted a stick he’s been pretending is a cane. Fine! Sure! Whatever!

After I got him inside, he ran back out again, straight to the gate, completely naked this time. He started moving the stuff that blocks it before I got to him. I was able to get him back inside again, he was acting like it was a big game. I got him dressed and was still trying to get everything set so we could Drive Miss Daisy, while Ben was doing ALL the things he knows will upset me and Daughter.

We finally got in the car at 6:20pm. Yeah, all that stuff (and more) happened during a ten minute time frame. Ben screamed at us the entire drive to the hospital. He wanted the radio to “play megamind I’m bad”. He wanted the Despicable Me version of the Michael Jackson song, and he wanted the car radio to play it… on demand.

We got Daughter to work, and drove home. He was finally calming down… the meds he’d taken over an hour previously were helping. I got The Boys settled, and texted Daughter.

Stuff, Things, food, pill and konked around 11:30pm. I woke several times, but drifted right back off. I woke for good sometime before 6am. I stayed in bed, not wanting to start the day, until the 6am alarm went off, and made me start the day.

I let Zeus out, and went to look at the sky. Totally overcast. I took a few pictures and went to see the Dragons… first coffee, then Sven.

Sven doesn’t look happy to be awoken by me, does he?

I took Ben’s meds into him at 6:30am, and told him he could stay in bed for a little while but we had to pick up his Mama from work. He got up about fifteen minutes later. We left to get Daughter, on time, with no problems.

She’d had another rough shift. She was on her feet for most of the twelve hours she worked, just a really busy night. Then, the cherry on top, someone stole her water bottle. She’d left it in the breakroom, and someone took it. It wasn’t even one of the super cool ones. People are just horrible!

We got home, Zeus wiggle-whined all over the place with a toy in his mouth, we got past him, and Daughter went to change clothes and grab her stuff for Couch Sittin so I could go walk.

Today’s walk took thirty-eight minutes because I stopped to take a lot of pictures.

Ben was hanging out in my room when I got back. I changed into my sloppies and settled on the bed with him. He went out to use the baรฑo, and decided to stay in the living room. When I went to get more coffee, Daughter said she was ready for me to take over Couch Sittin Duty, so I did.

Ben and I hung out on the couch until noon-ish, with me fetching sodas, or more Blue Ramen. Poor Ben had another attack of that mysterious “legs won’t work” malady. When he’d recovered the use of his legs… a miracle! Praise The Flying Spaghetti Monster… he requested new chalk, which I provided, and moved to the floor to do his thang.

Ben did his chalk thang, with occasional snack breaks on the couch with me, through his 12:30pm med, and his 2:30pm meds. I deepened the dent in the chaise section of the couch, and worked through my WP reader. Zeus hung out on the couch with me, and Sven occasionally moved spots. Very exciting stuff!

I heard Daughter making “waking up” noises at 2pm, but wasn’t surprised that she didn’t get up until after 2:30pm. She came out to take over Couch Sittin Duty around 2:45pm. I got more coffee then headed to my room for some Horizontal Time. Ben stayed with Daughter and continued with his chalk.

No Driving Miss Daisy tonight, so no PreGame Show. I’m hoping without that stress, Ben will keep his chill. Last night was NOT fun! Sunset prospects are unclear. It’s been “mostly cloudy”, in Guesser-speak, today. It might be brilliant or it might be a bust.

I really like this band. I’ve played their music before. Anyone else a fan?

These Are My Friends – Lovely The Band

Things got out of control last night, but I think the stress of Driving Miss Daisy was felt, and Daughter’s dread of what work would be like was felt too. Ben is very sensitive to moods, and Daughter “broadcasts” how she’s feeling. Hopefully without the extra stress, the mellow, groovy day will segue right into a peaceful night. It’s GLYSB Eve, so tomorrow’s agenda is all about the Happy Dancing (7:30am PST if you’d like to join me) after waving goodbye to that bus! Then, blissful quiet, followed by who knows?! I never know…






14 thoughts on “Part 353 ~ The Adventures of King Ben & Zeus the Big Dumb Dog

  1. What a sweet song to have playing on repeat in my noggin as I get ready to call it a day ๐ŸŽถโœจ๐Ÿค—. Iโ€™ll be happy dancing with you in the morning! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’•

    Liked by 1 person

    1. Awesome!๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿš๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐ŸŽ‰ listen for the Whoopin & Hollerin too๐Ÿ˜†
      I hope the song brings/brought good dreams!๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŒ™๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿงธ๐ŸŒˆโœจ๐Ÿ•Š๐Ÿชถ๐Ÿ’ซ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿฅฐ

      Liked by 1 person

    1. Not Yorkshire, Los Angeles๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
      I’ll take your “tonnes” of sleep cuz they’re more than a U.S. ton๐Ÿ˜˜
      What would be really fantastic is if we ALL, all of us insomniacs, got 8 good hours of sleep in one night, EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT…. even just ONE night would be wicked cool!๐Ÿคž๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ€


  2. What a stressful evening for you all, Angie. Iโ€™m glad that you got things under control before you had to leave. Your neighborhood is lovely. Love these photos. I think the results from your new phone camera are better than the old one. I hope it is chillax evening and night. Lots of hugs. Have a lovely Monday.

    Liked by 1 person

    1. Thank you, Sadje! All of the plants are so familiar to me, but people in other places may have never seen them. It always surprises me how some people get so excited about palm trees, when they are literally EVERYWHERE here.
      I can’t wait to see if the plumeria blooms, and what color it is. I had a white/yellow one that took 6 years before it bloomed, and the flowers smelled SOOOO good! It died when we moved๐Ÿ˜ข so did my ficus tree.
      I hope you have an awesome Monday!๐Ÿค—๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฆ‹๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒ ๐Ÿ’•

      Liked by 1 person

  3. I’ll join you for the Happy Dancing. 7:30am your time is 9:30am my time, which is roughly when I make my first attempt to break free from my Slumber Cocoon of Solitude. I’ll do a little shimmy on the way to my own Coffee Dragon…

    Liked by 1 person

    1. Bless that GLYSB!!๐Ÿš๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐ŸŽ‰
      Much Happy Dancing did occur! Then walking, now off to do battle at the grocery store๐Ÿคบand maybe, just maybe I’ll get 5 minutes to breathe before the bus comes back.๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
      I hope you’re doing some Robyn things with your GLYSB day๐Ÿคž๐ŸŒป๐Ÿ’•

      Liked by 1 person

  4. Dang! And it had seemed like such a good start when he was peaceful-like in the beginning, only to start streaking through the yard ๐Ÿ’ž. I wonder what flipped the switch? ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ’—

    Omg who steals a water bottle?? ๐Ÿ˜’. Especially in times like these when the days are brought to you by the letters C, O, V, I, and D? Omg. I just canโ€™t even. Stay classy, society! ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿฅณ

    I do think youโ€™re right about the stress. I know that pretty much my whole life, Iโ€™ve been extremely sensitive to the moods and actions of people around me, and my mood could change rather quickly, without anybody (including myself) realizing why. My mom figured it out, which improved things a lot, but it canโ€™t always be helped, because the World Happens. Even now, post-full-adult-cerebral-development, Iโ€™m still relatively vulnerable ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿคฏ

    Hereโ€™s to better, more peaceful days that hopefully balance out the challenging ones! ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’ช๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒทโ˜ฎ๏ธ๐Ÿป๐ŸŒฆโœจ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ†๐ŸŒŽ๐ŸŒด๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿ™๐Ÿงšโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ’…๐Ÿฝ

    Liked by 1 person

    1. The thing with Ben too, is he’s always listening. Except when we’re talking to him, of course๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ He puts his earbuds in, but a lot of times, there’s no volume, so he hears everything. I try to keep that in mind when we’re discussing things.

      The other thing is… he’s 12. Autism, and ADHD aside, he’s a 12 year old kid, and at that age they’re ALL adorable monsters๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ I know I was. His mama and his Auntie were… Early stages of puberty and immature sense of humor. Pray for me๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜œ
      ๐Ÿ’•๐ŸŒป๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿพโœจ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒ™๐ŸŒ โค๐Ÿ’Œ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฅฐ

      Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.