Part 354 ~ The Adventures of King Ben & Zeus the Big Dumb Dog

If you missed the start of this series, you can find it here. A lot of things will be the same or very similar.

Sunset was a complete bust. The sky was completely overcast. I was just recently whining about the lack of clouds and humidity. I’m reminded of the saying “Be careful what you wish for… you just might get it.

Ben continued to do his chalk thang, even after Daughter made food for him. She’d planned on making orange chicken, but he asked for pizza, even though he’d had pizza on Saturday night. Meds were given, bath was run, and he eventually got in the tub.

He played for a long time and we were starting to wonder if he’d gone to sleep in there. I got him out and sent him to his room, where Zeus was waiting. Good Dawg!

I did all the usual and was ready to go to sleep around 11:30pm. I’d been hearing Ben laughing or talking, but it was quietly. I’d gone in a couple times to tell him to go to sleep. At 11:30pm he was making a LOT of noise, so I went to see what he was doing, and tell him to stop.

He was banging his slippers together to get the dust out of them, and had a gooseneck lamp pointed so he could see the dust in the air. He was “riding the high” of his sleep meds. I told him to knock it off and go to sleep. He said “okay Gramma”, wearing the fakest “sorry” look I’ve ever seen.

I went back to my room, but Ben had started the same nonsense before I even got there. I yelled for him to stop it. Daughter had gone to sleep around 8:30pm and woke up at 11:30 with the noise, saw I was handling it, and went back to bed. I wasn’t worried about being too loud with my yelling.

Ben settled for a little bit after I yelled, but then started again at 12:30am. I was getting pissed. I wanted to go to sleep. I went back to his room and told him again to stop, that I wanted to sleep, but couldn’t until he went to sleep. He did finally start to really settle then, and I went to sleep around 1:30am.

And woke up at 3am, super hot. Not hot flashes, I’m past that torture, thank The Flying Spaghetti Monster, but just too warm. I threw the blankets off, and waited to cool down a little. Daughter walked by my room, so I said hello. Apparently no one was sleeping at the Casa.

I did go back to sleep and woke a little before 6am. I got up, let Zeus out and heard Daughter say “Good Morning Sweatheart!”, so I put my head into her room to let her know it was just me, letting Zeus out. Then I went to look at the sky… pretty!

For some reason, Daughter decided to wait to give Ben his morning meds. It was only fifteen minutes later, but they take a little while to kick in. Ben didn’t want to wake up, or get up… especially when he heard it was a school day.

He wanted to wear the button down shirt, vest, tie, jacket outfit. Daughter wasn’t sure if it was clean, and she forgot to look. Anyway, Ben was yelling and screaming and… it was a rough morning, but we got him onto the GLYSB, and the Happy Dancing was right on schedule.

I spent the next forty-five minutes going through email and enjoying my coffee. Then I got ready for my walk, and headed out. I didn’t stop for pictures, just walked… just getting my exercise. Not in a bad way, but I wanted to do it, then move on to the next item on my list… grocery shopping. I was back home thirty-one minutes later. I rested for a little while, and headed out to Vons.

Grocery shopping wasn’t too bad. I got myself a mocha at the Starbucks kiosk, (dude misheard me… I ordered a grande quad mocha, no whip. He hear grande hot mocha, no whip, so I only got half the espresso shots… I had sadz) got Ben’s meds from the pharmacy, and got all the stuff on my list. Then I went to the reptile and fish pet store next to Vons and got roaches and worms for Mr Grumpy.

I called Daughter to let her know I was headed home, but she still didn’t help me carry the stuff in. She did put it all away, but wouldn’t give the roaches to Sven. We’re both a little squeamish about big roaches. I buy them cuz they’re the best protein for Sven, but blech, gross!

By the time all the stuff was put away, and I changed back into PJs, put two roaches in Sven’s dish, tried to get pictures, but only got glares, then found containers for the other roaches and the worms… whew… it was nearly 1pm. Ben would be scanned onto the bus home soon. Not a lot of relaxing time on this GLYSB day.

Ben was scanned on FIVE minutes early, at 1:25pm. I hollered out to Daughter how unfair it was, and got no response. Figuring she didn’t hear me, I went to her room… and found her snoring. I woke her and informed her Ben had been scanned on ten minutes previous. I asked if she was gonna get up, or if I should get him off the bus. She said “one hour” , I said “okay” and walked away thinking “Guido don’t believe you.” I went and waited, then got Ben off the bus, brought him inside, and did some Couch Sittin Duty.

Daughter is still asleep, as I knew she would be. I better start thinking about fixing some food for HRH. The show must go on, or some such.

Blast from the past… love this song! I wish I could sing with feeling and power, like she does, without causing severe pain and damage to people’s ears.

I’m The Only One – Melissa Ethridge

A late night, a rough morning, and a busy day. It didn’t really feel like a GLYSB Day, although there was Happy Dancing. Thank you to everyone who joined the Dance Party! We’re doing it again tomorrow… same Cuckoo time, same Cuckoo channel.






11 thoughts on “Part 354 ~ The Adventures of King Ben & Zeus the Big Dumb Dog

  1. What a rough night of sleep! What a bummer! I hope that everyone sleeps a little better tonight and you get a completely chill day tomorrow. Lots of horizontal time after a nice walk when the GLYSB comes to free up the day for you! YAY!

    Liked by 1 person

  2. The clouds are beautiful! I’m happy you made time to go walking and get a fun coffee (even if it wasn’t quite what you ordered) and of course Happy Dance. I’m super squeamish about Big R too. Ugh and ewww and any other yuck you can think of. Hope Sven eats them up quick and gets big and strong like a good little dragon. Hugs! πŸ’ŒπŸ§ΈπŸ•ŠπŸŒΊπŸ€—β€οΈ

    Liked by 1 person

    1. Silly Sven only ate one. The other is hiding under his greens. πŸ™„ The weather has turned chilly here again, so Sven is slow again, and he has a hard time “catching” a blueberry on his best dayπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ’•πŸ¦‹πŸŒ»

      Liked by 1 person

  3. Too little sleep and too hectic day! Mondays are often that for most people. I hope tonight is more relaxing. The pictures of sunrise are fantastic. I hope tomorrow is truly chilling day!
    Hugs and love. β€οΈπŸ€—

    Liked by 1 person

  4. Little bit of trivia about Melissa Etheridge: We went to see her right after she had finished chemotherapy during her cancer battle. We fully expected her to be a little subdued, and that was fine. Just sing us a few songs and let us show our love.

    She sang for THREE hours. She belted every song I wanted to hear (and then some) with a power and confidence that was amazing. It was a fantastic and incredible evening, a true testament to the human spirit…

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.