Part 364 ~ The Adventures of King Ben & Zeus the Big Dumb Dog

If you missed the start of this series, you can find it here. A lot of things will be the same or very similar.

Everything continued being calm. Ben hung out with me in my room, finished his white chicken and watched his tablet. Around 6pm Daughter started getting ready for work, and I took a few pictures of the sky. The Sun was getting lower, but sunset was thirty to forty-five minutes away.

We left to Drive Miss Daisy around 6:20pm, and by the time we got home, the Sun was already behind the western hills.

I gave Ben his night meds, and ran his bath. I also texted Daughter to let her know we were home, and took the last few sunset pictures. I got Ben into the tub, helped him get cleaned up, then left him to play. The Boys were settled in Ben’s room around 7:30pm, and Daughter was texted again.

I started doing my Stuff and Things. Switching Ben’s evening routine to later makes Driving Miss Daisy less stressful, but coupled with the time change, it’s taking a big chunk out of my evening. I’m still adjusting to everything being later.

Anyway, I was getting ready to eat at 10:30pm when Ben came walking out of his room like he was getting up for the day. He strolled past my room and headed to the baño. Dogzilla stayed in Ben’s room. He knew it wasn’t time to get up. I met Ben at the baño door and escorted him back to bed. He handed me his tablet and said “fix it.” He’d signed out of Disney+, so I fixed it, covered him up, and told him to sleep. I also scritched Zeus by his ears, and told him he was a Good Dawg.

I texted Daughter to let her know Mr Bootyhead was still awake, then ate my food and took my pill. I konked in the middle of a comment (sorry Brian) probably around 11:30pm. I woke a couple times to move Sophie Cat, then woke for good just before 5am.

I listened to the house and it was quiet. No clue why I was suddenly awake. I guess six-ish hours is my limit on sleep. I’ll take six over the four or five I get some nights, but eight sure would be nice. Anyway, I got up, being as quiet as I could, and headed for my pit stop then Coffee Dragon, who was just finishing it’s burble and hiss.

I texted Daughter, letting her know I was awake and getting ready to wake Ben up. It was 6:30am and time for his meds. He didn’t want to wake up, and I thought about Bouncing him. He can be very grumpy when he gets woken up though, so I decided against it. I grabbed his water bottle, refilled it, and got his meds to take in to him. He said “No bus today.” I agreed, and told him we needed to get his Mama from work in a bit, then gave him his meds.

Zeus of course, was my shadow, so after meds, I went to look at the sky so he could lift a leg. The sky was completely overcast. The clouds weren’t even interesting, just horizon to horizon blah. None of my avian friend were around either. I went back inside and sent the text I’d written and saved last night for my mother’s birthday today.

We went to get Daughter, came home, fought past the wiggle whining Dogzilla and went to our areas. Ben went to the couch, Daughter went to her room to change and grab her laptop, and I went to my room to get ready to walk. Daughter did Couch Sittin Duty and I braved the 48°F (9°C) temperature to do my two miles. No picture stops. I honestly just wanted to get it over with today.

Ben was in my room when I got home, so we just stayed in there after I changed into my sloppies and slippers. Daughter went to her room to finish her shows, then sleep. After she went to her room, Ben commanded me to the living room… Couch Sittin Duty.

Ben played outside for a while, then hung out with me on the couch for a while. It was a fairly chill morning and early afternoon. I got four different deliveries, plus the mail, so Zeus was barking, barking, barking. Then around 1pm Zeus went outside with Ben and started barking through the fence at the neighbors dogs. Ben decided to be dramatic, shouting over the barking saying “what’re we gonna do?” with his hands to his face. I told him to be quieter, but the damage was done, Daughter had been woken up. She wanted to know what was going on. I told her “absolutely nothing… much ado about nothing”. She took over about a half hour later.

Sven was sleepy sleepy when I uncovered him and turned his lights on. He was a little more active today. I gave him the last Dubia roach with his fresh greens and berries. He wouldn’t go near the dish with me standing there. I guess he’s tired of me paparazzi-ing him while he’s eating. He got the roach at some point though, cuz it was gone when I put him in the shower. He got a little grumpy when I attacked him with the toothbrush, but he was bright and happy when I put him back in his terrarium.

Daughter decided to order a delivery from the Golden Arches, mostly for Ben. She was shocked that I didn’t even want fries, but I just wasn’t in the mood. Ben was back outside playing, so I went and filled the car up with gas. Daughter has work tonight and I have my monthly pump fill tomorrow morning.

Ben was eating his Happy Meal and extra nuggets, watching one of the Saw movies with Daughter on her laptop. When the movie ended, he came to hang out with me Zeus on my bed.

Another song that seems fitting…

Changes – David Bowie

Another good day. Not quite as good as yesterday, but yesterday was pretty exceptional. Tomorrow morning will be busy. Picking Daughter up from work, then my pump fill appointment. Hopefully they will get me right in. Also, I’m hoping I’ve gained more weight. I need fifteen or twenty pounds more. Tomorrow is also Advenure #365… one full year of life at Casa Cuckoo. I don’t have anything special planned for the final day. I will be posting my Equinox comparison on Sunday, March 21st. Sciencey Stuff. ¡Hasta mañana!






16 thoughts on “Part 364 ~ The Adventures of King Ben & Zeus the Big Dumb Dog

  1. I sure hope it warms up a little for you. Well done on walking anyway. That’s like a double star for going when you don’t feel like it. Be safe driving tonight. Hope everyone sleeps well and that your morning is smooth sailing and weight gaining. 🥰hugs! ☕️🍪🎶💓

    Liked by 1 person

  2. I agree – Great job on the walk in such cold weather! There are definitely days I want to pack it in for whatever reason that is unfavorable, but when I still meet my goal I know I feel so much happier. Way to get it done!
    I never knew you could tell the bearded dragon’s mood until I met Sven. It is so cool to see his yellow chill phase! Such a happy dragon 🙂 .
    I hope you have a great rest of the night and a wonderful day ahead! I can’t believe it is day 364 too. Oh my gosh – a year is upon us! Wow!!

    Liked by 1 person

    1. And what a year it’s been, right?! I think it’s kinda cool to have this past year of not only our lives, but the lives of all my “regulars”, preserved. And there’s Sciencey Stuff too😂😂✨💫🌠🌙🦎💕💐

      Liked by 1 person

  3. I’ll gladly give you 20lbs or even 50, if I could. I hope everything goes smoothly tonight and tomorrow. ⭐️ for you for going for your walk despite it being chilly. We are almost in summer here in Lahore. Lots of love and hugs! Sleep well my friend

    Liked by 1 person

    1. If I could transfer the weight I would. One never thinks of how difficult it is to put weight back on. I look at the calories on things I eat, I’m kinda dismayed there aren’t more 😂😂 I guess I have healthy tastes🤷🏼‍♀️ I have been eating lots of peanut butter cups… bet that helps 😉
      Jumma Mubarak Sadje! Have a blessed day!🤗🥰💐

      Liked by 1 person

  4. I’m really in admiration of your dedication to The Walks. I really need to do the same, as I’ve got some poundage around me middle that I don’t really care for. But I just haven’t found the gumption yet, which is really sad, since there is a walking trail just a block or so away from Bonnywood. I really don’t have an excuse, other than sheer laziness… 😉

    Liked by 1 person

    1. I know myself well. I tried to shame myself, cheer myself, etc and I started the walking several times and didn’t stick with it. I knew I’d have to find a time that would work EVERY DAY for a while. I finally decided I needed to do it, so I’m doing it. I want my body to be healthy again.
      I never worried about how it looked… well, not after my 30s anyway., but I do worry about how it feels. Besides, how can I run away from home if I’m in horrible shape?😉💃🏼🥳

      Liked by 1 person

  5. I love MacDonalds Frnech fries.
    Spent the day with my sisters in Sonoma. It was my younger sisters birthday, so we went to Domaine Chandon, Hanson’s Distillery for cocktails and charcuterie, Cornerstone at Sunset Gardens where we shopped and looked at the gardens, and went to Boon Fly Cafe for dinner. It was a calm, sunny day and it was nice to visit with my sisters. We also dropped off fresh flowers from my garden as well as snacks to my Dad at the Veteran’s Home. They still don’t want any visitors, nor will they let him out. In fact there was a weirdo lady with a gun on campus yesterday. It was all over the news. No one was hurt. Thank Goodness.

    Time for bed.

    Good night

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply to Robyn Cancel reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.